Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Cute quilt finish from Sew paint it...

Darling finish from Marianne of Sew Paint It. Marianne does a little bit of everything, sewing, decorating, renovating, painting, you name it. Our kind of lady! We got this submission, and Megan and I both have a soft spot for Sarah Jane fabric. Just looking at this quilt makes me want to go play with my stash. Anyhow, Marianne did a little bit of everything on this quilt, applique, hand stitching, machine quilting etc. We love it all! 

I finished a quilt!  It is my boys quilt using children at play fabric by Sarah Jane and I am really, really, really pleased with it!
I finished it today.
The backing was a sheet I found and I love it.  It is so soft and lovely.  Love the design for my little boy too.
Diggers and tractors - just what little boys like!
I did machine quilting on this quilt and then hand quilted around the stars.
I love hand quilting because it is so soft and specially for someone.  It shows you care.
The machine quilting is 0.25" from each seam.
The binding is also a sheet, a plain blue one which was worn out in areas.  It is really soft.  I hate doing the corners!  I must find some tutorials on doing that better because there is definitely room for improvement there!


Photobucket

7 comments:

Paula said...

I love this! Are the stars appliqued?

Unknown said...

So very sweet. I love Sarah Jane's fabric designs - you turned her darling fabric in to the perfect quilt for your little guy!

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Oh, I love Sarah Jane fabrics...especially Children at play. I just finished helping a friend make one using her fabric yesterday.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

what a precious quilt! I love the hand quilting around the stars. I think that really sets it apart.

-Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Jocelyn said...

Love the stars, and the backing! Cute quilt.

Anonymous said...

Thanks all! The stars are raw edge appliqued and then I hand quilted onto them. I machine quilted most of it in lines.
Marianne

Kathleen O'Grady said...

What a sweet quilt! I love everything about it, it looks so soft. So perfect for a little boy to snuggle.