Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 11, 2013

Kitchen Windows Quilt from Let's Begin Sewing...

Beautiful quilt feature today of Rachel from Let's Begin Sewing... It is called Kitchen Windows a pattern from Elizabeth Hartman. She made this beauty for her mum!  Love the bright colors, so pretty!  Stop by Let's Begin Sewing... to see lots of fun quilt finishes, clothing and other fun projects!  Thanks Rachel for sharing :)

Completed one more quilt. This one is special as I made it for my mum. I really do hope she likes it. This is the biggest quilt I have made so far, completed it measures 85" x 85". I quilted it diagonally and it was difficult to maintain straight lines on a small sewing machine but somehow it worked out. This quilt has definitely made me a fan of linen fabric and I think you will see me use it a lot more often in my quilts. I used stripped binding for my quilt. This is the first time I have used stripes and it does frame the quilt quite nicely. The backing is Folksy Flannel from Anna Maria Horner. It's very good quality and gives a real snug feel to the quilt. I prewashed all my fabric for this quilt so it's got a nice fresh smell about it. Any way without further adieu..








Had to add a little hand stitched note!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Sweet Woodruff said...

I love everything about it. I love the gray sashing and LOVE the stripes for binding. The windows are lovey. I like this pattern.

beaquilter said...

how cool!

Little Penpen said...

Very pretty! Lots of happy colors! I'm impressed that you could diagonal quilt on a small machine. :))

Tsoniki said...

I love that pattern! It is on my to make list for this year.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

What a beautiful way to showcase some really lovely fabric.

Becky said...

I'm sure she will love it. It is just beautiful!

Co. said...

Thats soooo beautiful.
Corina from germany

Rachel said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments and thanks Heather and Megan for featuring my quilt.

Anonymous said...

I've seen the quilt pattern around the blogs, but never connected the name before. It's perfect. I really like the fabrics used, and the stripped binding against the outer white borders. Great finish, and speaking as a mom, she'll love it!

Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love it

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

Making your clothes useful to the masses It reads a lot. and have fun ดูหนังออนไลน์