Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Holiday Tutorial: Cutlery and Napkin Holder from Messy Jesse

Not long ago Heather and I discovered Jessie from Messy Jesse and we were hooked!  I love finding new sewing blogs and Jessie doesn't disappoint.  She's got super fun projects (like this darling Liberty Bloomsbury Garden pillow) and more tutorials (like this super cute Tea Cozy!!).  I love her tutorial she shares today, great little twist that makes these napkin holders unique (but still simple and easy!).  Thanks Jessie!

PS Check out the other Holiday Tutorials and keep checking back every Thursday for more.  We are so grateful to the awesome designers for sharing on our blog each week!  Show your love by pinning these up, leaving comments and checking out their blogs.  Thanks ladies!

Hello! It's Jessie here from Messy Jesse blog, I'm from the U.K. and I just love making cute handmade items for my home - especially Christmas themed projects! so I'm super pleased to be part of Quilt Story's Holiday series.
    Today I wanted to share this fun little cutlery and napkin holder for your festive Christmas table! It's a really quick project, so you'll be whipping up a batch for all your guests in no time ;)
Materials
in printed fabric cut the following:
x2 front and back panels 9 1/2"x 4 7/8"
x1 pocket  8 1/2"
x2 pocket 7" x 4 7/8"
1. Starting with your piece of fabric measuring 7" x 4 7/8" cut it at a 60 degree angle lengthways, repeat this step for the other piece of fabric this size (refer to image above for reference).
2. Lay these two piece's right sides together and sew along the diagonal.
3. Open this so right sides are on the outside. Now fold the 8 1/2" piece of fabric in half.







4. Lay out your fabric backing measuring 9 1/2"x 4 7/8", place you diagonal pocket on top, and the smaller pocket on top again, and finally the other fabric backing measuring 9 1/2"x 4 7/8". 
5. Now you have all your layers sandwiched together stitch 1/4" all the way around, leaving a small gap for turning.
6. Turn inside out, and slip-stitch the opening closed! Voila! Your done!
Easy peasy right!? If you make this, which I hope you all will :) please be sure to add it to my brand new Flickr group! I'd love to see your creations!


Fabrics used: Scandi Christmas Diamonds and Cherry Christmas Noel, both available in my new fabric shop Sew and Quilt


Jessie, xo

messyjessecrafts.blogspot.com
Photobucket

11 comments:

Nordzie said...

Hi, its so simple, nice and practical.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

These are too cute and a great way to use up some fabric pieces - thanks!

the gathering girls said...

love this....thanks for sharing!

Sherryl said...

Oh I love this. It's so simple, but so fab! I have a favorite tablecloth I like to use on Thanksgiving, now I can add this sweet little handmade touch to make my holiday table look so much more pulled together. Love it. Thanks!

Lynette said...

Very, very cool. :)

Rosa said...

It`s very cute!

elnorac said...

What a brilliant little project! Quick and easy, too! Thank you!

prassu said...

thanks for giving nice and simple tip to make cutlery holder. By this we can save money.

TDL Hygiene said...

Thank you for Sharing this nice information it is very informatics and Very good looking blog. hand soap refill bag

Jim Rhodes said...

I am happy to find this tutorial. I really appreciate this info. Thanks!

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

Your work is beneficial to the lives of many people. It can create jobs, build careers. ดูหนังออนไลน์