Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 5, 2012

Block of the Month: November

November's Block of the Month
Theme:  Log Cabin

First Monday of the month so that means more blocks from our  Block of the Month series.   Hope you enjoy!!

Heather's Block
12" x 12"
Fabric: Ooh La La from Michael Miller




We each just made up our own Log Cabin designs.  I love how Heather used the same prints for each side, and each strip got wider as it worked to the outside.  I did mine random and simple!  But I did want to fussy cut that center square with the bird and aspens.

Megan's Block
12" x 12"
Fabric: Backyard Baby from Michael Miller



As many of you saw this past September was a very sad and tragic one for our family, here if you didn't see.  As a little update things are as good as could be expected at this time.  The older daughters are back in college, they have their days but we're there for them.  The kids still in K-12 are in different aunts and uncles homes for the time being.  It's been so sad and challenging for my family, but we've been incredibly blessed in many ways during this time.  Thanks again to those of you who donated and sent your thoughts and prayers.

Obviously Heather has been in a million places at once, she wasn't able to post her October block, so here it is!

Heather's Block
12 x 12
Pinwheel Theme
Fabric: Ooh La La by Michael Miller 






Three months lefts!! Can't wait to reveal my finish in the spring (I am not quite done!)


The block theme for December is STAR.

I've been flipping through the book...so many possibilities when it comes to stars!  Do you have a favorite go-to star block?

We are using the book 501 Rotary-Cut Blocks for a lot of our blocks in this series.

As well as linking up your blocks today you can also add them to our flickr group. 

Time to link up your blocks!  Go HERE to link and to see others blocks!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Sweet Woodruff said...

Log Cabins are my favorite block.

Jean Burke said...

Thanks for the update on your sister and her family. You all have been on my mind. I lost both my brothers suddenly in the last six months - both young. It's devastating - and so sad for the children. You all remain in my prayers...wishing you peace.

Gale, Ky quilter said...

I love log cabin blocks. Especially popular here since I live in the town Abraham Lincoln was born in. Thanks for the update on your family. My heart goes out to them.

Rosa said...

Me too love log cabin blocks.

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

A good knowledge blog on fabric weaving craftsmanship. ดูหนังออนไลน์