Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 22, 2012

Focus quilt from Fabric Mutt...

Heidi from Fabric Mutt created this super great FOCUS quilt. I just love this quilt. Love these little Polaroids with the perfect fussy cut images. Love the off centered one in the third row down too. Heidi makes some cutie projects on her blog, also some awesome tutorials. She is part of several swaps and makes the cutest things! Be sure to visit Fabric Mutt to see some fun creations...


I'm in love with this little quilt.

Polaroid blocks take a bit of work to get the fussy cutting just right, but the end result is worth it. My husband is the one who suggested turning the berry block askew while leaving the others in straight rows, and I love the way it looks. I kept the quilting simple -- just two intersecting lines of hand stitching in red thread. With the picture theme in mind, I'm calling this quilt "Focus."


I wanted all of the prints to be Lizzy House except for the Kona solids in white and coal, so I used some leftover pieces from Hello Pilgrim and Outfoxed for the back along with one of the blocks. I enjoy using her pearl bracelet prints for quilt binding; they really make an interesting frame. Though I hadn't originally intended it, the red and green in the quilting and binding perfectly match the colors in my featured berry block.


Lizzy House's designs hold a special place in my heart. They were some of the first designer fabric I ever bought. I knew when I first saw them that my children would love them, and I couldn't help loving them too. While I've used most of her fabric to make items for my daughters, this quilt is for me. I have it hanging next to my desk where I'm going to enjoy looking at it every day. It's a great reminder to me to focus on the small but important things in my life, and to remember why they matter.



Photobucket

8 comments:

Shontelle said...

Gorgeous! I love the little off centre block. Very cute.

Susie said...

adorable quilt - rather unusual, haven't seen one like this before.

Kristan said...

I just love all of Heidi's work. Nicely done! This is so cute.

Debbie said...

This IS just darling! Heidi did an awesome job with her little snapshots!

Heidi Staples said...

Thanks so much for the feature, ladies!! I appreciate it so much!

Swedish Scrapper said...

Beautiful! Now it's done! Such a good sentiment, and title.

Unknown said...

Designer fabric at discount prices. Choose from home decor, fashion, upholstery and drapery fabric for your projects at My Fabric Connection.

barrow fabric edmonds crimson railroaded

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

Your work is beneficial to the lives of many people. It can create jobs, build careers. ดูหนังออนไลน์