Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 8, 2012

Block of the Month October


October's Block of the Month
Theme:  Pinwheel

Heather and I are sharing blocks from our  Block of the Month series. 

What do you think?  We're more than halfway through but you can start at any point.  If not we hope you like seeing our blocks from month to month.

Megan's Block
12" x 12"
Mosaic #8 Pg 176
Fabric: Backyard Baby from Michael Miller

I kept this block pretty simple, focusing on the blues and grays.  I'm trying to make sure the quilt is balanced, we'll see in the end, lol!  The pinwheel didn't pop as much as I hoped, but I do like the design with my solid.


Now you can see with all of them together.  I don't want to have orange and/or green in each block or I think it will be too overwhelming.  It is so fun trying all these new skills, love it!


Heather's Block

Heather will post her block a little later this month.  With our recent family tragedy she has been overwhelmed with many responsibilities in caring for all our sweet nieces and nephews.



The block theme for November is log cabin.

This month I plan on keeping it pretty simple, same widths and a straight forward scrappy log cabin block :)  I think a wonky one could be really fun.

We are using the book 501 Rotary-Cut Blocks for a lot of our blocks in this series.  When I looked through the book I didn't see anything I would've thought of as log cabin, but if you do great!  

As well as linking up your blocks today you can also add them to our flickr group. 

Time to link up your blocks!  Go HERE to link and to see others blocks!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Luv-2-Quilt said...

I absolutely love your blog and concepts you've planned for this site. i will be a follower for sure. I'm so glad you have provided a resource for those of us whom are not blog spot savey ( that would be me).

Your quilt pattern designs and your completion of the patterns are just so well tuned and they do serve as such an inspiration!!
Thanks,Thanks, Thanks..