Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Chevron Tote and BOM

I have a really good friend and it was her birthday last week.  I also had recently got some of Riley Blake's Chevron prints from Fabric Shoppe and thought it would make a really cute summer bag.  Combine above two sentences and I made her a Chevron Summer Tote!  Of course I finished it about 15 minutes before I was planning on giving it to her :)  I used a Kona solid to coordinate, not sure which color it was exactly, sorry.


The bag is kind of bent on the corner, it looks like the strap is off center but it's not ;)  Well at least not that bad!!   I searched around online to get a few ideas on totes, I decided that the whole straps on the outside gives it a summer/beachy feel. Plus it breaks up the chevron print nicely.  The print inside is Robert Kaufman's Remix Stripe in royal, the colors worked perfectly I was so happy to use it from my stash!  I had originally gotten it for a quilt binding but it wasn't going to work.



And here is a whole little stash I have left!  I plan on making three more bags.  The gray chevron with green solid for a niece who is graduating, the yellow chevron with the royal blue solid for a good friend...I am dying for this combo and try to justify it for myself but it is just too "her".  So for me I'm doing the red chevron with  the red solid, what do you think? I don't usually do red and I'd like to pair it with a funkier solid but nothing else seemed to work.  No plans for the green chevron other than using it to make my stash look pretty :)


Chevron prints make me happy.  The end.

********************

And to those of you participating in our Block of the Month Series, we're posting Monday! Have you finished your blocks using hourglasses?  If you're following along in the book as a reminder Heather will be making the block Combination Star page 70 and Megan will be making the block Four Corners page 115.  Here is a peek at my squares cut out. I may pull the orange, we'll just see how it comes together.  Also the background in this photo is a soft aqua so that throws off the prints a little ;)


Have a great weekend, hopefully sewing!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Shanon said...

Perhaps Red Chevron with navy? I am all into navy right now feels so nautical and summery

Susan said...

I say go for the Red Chevron with the red - it will look stunning. Great job on your summer tote. :)

Cherie said...

Great tote, looks very beachy indeed! Possibly red with orange or yellow =D

Pippa Armbrester said...

Beautiful bag! I love the combination of zigzags and stripes.

Rosa said...

Fantastic Tote bag.

Barb Neiwert said...

Those chevrons have flown off the shelves at a LQS. Fun projects! Red and yellow....like Moda's Salt Air colors. Would that work?

The said...

Welcome to my blog

Quiltstory said...

Super cute! I want those chevron prints too! good work meg.

Lisa said...

I have the red chevron and was going to pair it with Kona Charcoal. Your bag is beautiful. Did you use a pattern?

Michellesayshi said...

Please share the pattern you used!! It looks amazing in the chevron print.

Kally said...

Love this bag! I agree with pairing red with gray. Could you share the pattern?