Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Boys will be Boys Quilt from a maiden hair fern

We featured Linda from a maiden hair fern earlier this month with her Tanner Reunion Quilt.  Lots of times we get features where we know we'll be begging them to do another!! :)  (And to those of you who we've featured before...we most definitely feature twice! Or thrice!  So submit even if you've already been featured.)  Linda is a talented quilter as I mentioned before based on her impressive finishes.  I love this quilt she made for her nephew and the fabulous circle quilting.  Thanks again Linda for sharing!!



Shipped today to my new nephew.  Adapted from Reveille, of "another Bite of Schnibbles"Carrie Nelson's newest book.




 This darling fabric is from the Boys Will Be Boys collection designed by David Walker.  You can still find some on etsy.

UPDATE (5/3/12):  Last week I saw some of this fabric in Corn Wagon Quilt Shop, Springville Utah, if any of you happened to be headed there soon.


I used my new circle rulers for quilting.  They took some getting used to.  And I found that I preferred the 5" and smaller circles, more crinkle after washing.

back

Photobucket

6 comments:

Debbie said...

What a fun little quilt!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love this - simple and unfussy but different and interesting at the same time.

Studio V said...

Very nice :) I like the circles.

cinzia said...

i like the quilting on this one! what is a circle ruler?

Jocelyn said...

This fabric is SO adorable!! Love the quilt.

Cherie said...

Great quilt with such cute fabric! =D