Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bloggers Quilt Festival: Kenna's Blooms

My quilt for Bloggers Quilt Festival this year is called Kenna's blooms, after my oldest daughter. I am really pleased with how this quilt turned out, so pink, flowery and girly.  


I used Basic Greys Hello Luscious. How I LOVE this line.
I am definitely a flowery girl, Megan is a more modern girl...(that may change when she finds out what kind of baby she is having)


 Because I was on a serious deadline to get this quilt finished, I just did a quick stippling in the more solid blocks, and a flower on the big print square (which you can't really see) I wish I had more time, I really would have liked to play with the quilting more.

 Kenna's blooms is available in our etsy shop. It is a very simple pattern with a lot of chain piecing. I love the overall effect of all the chains meeting the larger block.


Same pattern with darker prints, you can see the pattern more boldly.


Head over to fresh poppy (our other very neglected blog) to see Christmas Forest, pretty cute! 



Our new patterns available at our etsy shop.

Enjoy the tour, 

Thanks Amy

Photobucket

22 comments:

Bonnie said...

These are so pretty. Do you ever sell the actual quilts?

Francis Paul said...

I just bought two patterns, now find time to make the quilts :-)

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

I definitely like the pink background and subduedness (is that a word?). It's pretty! Good luck in the festival!

Leanne said...

I love the colours in your quilt and it reminds me of one of my favourite patterns, the irish chain. It is very pretty, I bet your daughter loves it.

Beth said...

Beautiful! I love the pattern and the fabrics - and I love the pink!

CraftyGardenMom - Tanesha said...

Very pretty quilt and pattern! Thanks for sharing.

Cherie said...

Gorgeous quilts. Love the patterns =D

CitricSugar said...

Very pretty.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I love the girly fabrics and it's a great pattern! Very pretty!

Janet said...

I love the pink and black version. I have to make a pink quilt sometime soon...

Teresa F. said...

Love the quilt and the pattern. I think I'm going to try it. Thanks for sharing.

Rosa said...

Beautiful quilts and patterns!!

Gigi's Thimble said...

Good job girls! Love the new patterns! Really cute! Love Christmas Forest!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

I like this pattern a lot but I love the luscious, pink quilt!

cinzia said...

i love Kenna's Blooms! And the Basic Gray line is so beautiful!

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

I love Kenna's Blooms' pink background. I don't think I've ever seen a quilt with that much pink. I love it, love pink! Really pretty and it looks very romantic! I love the other quilts too, that one just stands out from the others :)

Debbie said...

beautiful quilts!!

Anonymous said...

Both are great quilts. Good luck in the quilt festival. There are so many gorgeous quilts being made. The festival is better than going to a show - at least my feet think so!

Kirsten said...

I love all of the Basic Grey fabrics - so perfect for this quilt!

The Thompsons said...

I love the soft feel of the colors of this quilt. It's lovely.

Eileen said...

beautiful quilt. the colors in both of them are just fantastic and make it look so soft! thanks for sharing and have a great day

QuiltNut Creations said...

Lovely patterns!!