Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 2, 2012

Projects!! Sliced Competition!

So on Monday afternoon Heather informed me there was a competition put on by Moda and you could audition through Wednesday. Less than 48 hours.  Then I went and looked at what you could win:

Sold.
Look at that Janome!?!  I want it!!  And all those other goodies?  Threads and notions and batting and pre-cuts and a sewing lamp and an iron (mine just broke) this is fate :)

Immediately we both dropped what we were doing and rushed to Joann's.  One of the project requirements was a buckle, so we had to get ones to match our pre-cuts of course.  The project was something that you could use in an office/studio space.

Anyway by Wednesday evening we both finished and submitted our projects to the Moda Bake Shop Sliced Competition flickr.

Here is my (Megan's) project:

I used fat quarters of Kate Spain's Good Fortune.  It is a portable filing system :)  Easily remove and add files as needed.




And here is Heather's:

She used charm packs of mostly Sophie, a little bit of Bliss and Hello Luscious.  They are hanging basket organizers, and can snap off and on as you need them in your work space.  Below you can see the buckle on the basket.



The competition is high!!  There are some seriously awesome projects and I'm pretty confident I won't be winning! :)  I think Heather has a good chance though!!

Did any of you enter??
Photobucket

21 comments:

Tracey Jacobsen said...

these are both amazing projects. ♥ Good work ladies!

Susan said...

Love the filing system! The purple fabrics are lovely with the green 'belt'! I hope we get a tutorial one day!

Erin @ Billy Button Design said...

Just so handy...love them both and hope that yours is in the running. Great prize.

Erin @ Billy Button Design said...

Just so handy...love them both and hope that yours is in the running. Great prize.

Mary said...

I didn't enter bc I thought previous chefs couldn't since it was touted as the search for the next MBS chef. Guess I shoulda asked questions bc those are awesome prizes.

Anonymous said...

Well I love both projects!
Best of luck to you both :)

Gale, Ky quilter said...

Your filing system is not only beautiful but so handy! My vote is for you! Good Luck!

jednoiglec said...

I entered this contest, but the competition is so talented...:)

Teje Karjalainen said...

GOOD LUCK!!! Both of you have made beautiful and practical designs! x Teje

Leanne said...

I love both your projects and I hope you get in.

SewSara said...

wow, impressive projects with just 48 hours! i hope you win!!

felicity said...

Wow! Those are fabulous! Good luck to you both!

Anonymous said...

I entered! There is so much talent in that Flickr pool!

Patricia Lessell said...

I love them both. I couldn't choose between them. Will you please let us know who won? I do hope it's one of you.

Lisa C said...

Those organizers are fabulous!

Lisa C said...

I meant to add "But the filing system was just plain perfect!"

Barb Neiwert said...

I think it's amazing for you all to put together such neat projects in such a short amount of time - love both of them. Can't wait to learn who the winner is.

the girlfriend gap said...

sweet entries girls, If you did all that in 48 hours you are definitely a winner!
I did submit an entry. you can see it here.

http://thegirlfriendgap.blogspot.com/2012/02/thank-you-moda-for-challenge-sliced.html

saying yes to the challenge stretched me a bit! I have never entered a competition like that before. I am really interested in how they will come up with the top 4 to start with. There are a lot of creative projects in the pool.

best of luck to you!

janita

jlk said...

I just saw that you're a finalist! Congrats!!

paige13d said...

I just noticed you were chosen as a finalist. Congratulations! Looking forward to your next entry. :)

Angela said...

congrats on making it to the finals Megan! And good for you guys for throwing that together in 48 hours! lol Can't wait to see your pincushion!