Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 13, 2012

Meg's WIPs

A few months ago I was blog hopping and came across Saffron Craig's fabric collections.  I was blown away!  I must have been under a rock to have not known about her before, anyway such great designs and for me, so different.  I was in love!  She was so sweet to send along a half yard bundle for me to play with! Pretty sure I squealed when I opened them :)


These fabrics are from her Magic Lands collection.


She's an Australian designer and I can definitely see how her surrounding inspire her designs.  So fabulous!


And if I have a little girl one day...I need to get more yardage of this print, Dandelion Kisses.  Love!!! So sweet and whimsical!


**********************************

And I started working on Mr. Ollie's quilt (my 3 year old).  The goal was to have it done a little while ago but he hasn't seemed to notice! :)  He loves green, it's his favorite color, so the background is all green and then the chevrons are gray and blue.  (In the picture I sketched a light green, dark green and aqua, but opted for gray after going through my stash.)




**********************************


And to officially make this a very random post, here is my mosaic for my Quilt Block Swap, I'm so excited!


Aqua, Teal and Coral.  Sorry there is not credit given for the photos. I was having a hard time making my mosaic online so I just put one together in photoshop, so much faster for me :) A lot of them were pulled from the fabric manufacturers sites and some from Etsy.

Hope you enjoyed the randomness!! :)
Photobucket

7 comments:

CHRIS said...

Congrats on discovering one of our Aussie secrets. Aren't they divine
Happy stitching. Chris.

Becky said...

I enjoyed the randomness :) I am especially excited to see how your quilt for little Ollie will turn out. Those are great colors!

kinter said...

I love the Saffron Craig fabrics and your sketch looks really fun!

sandyb said...

I just love these fabrics!!! I just love the saffron Craig. The aqua, teal and coral is actually just what I am looking for. Thank you for sharing.

Krista Schneider said...

love your sketch for your son's quilt, and the mosaic is very pretty. LOVE the saffron craig fabric, hopped over to buy some and saw it was 28 bucks a meter?! I think not.

Susan said...

My rock is bigger than your rock. I don't recall having heard of her, but I'm going to look. I like the dandelion kisses fabric, too. Your colors in the 9 squares are great.

Cynthia@wabisabiquilts said...

That cute Dandelion Kisses fabric would be worth making a whole quilt for, just to use it as the backing!