Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, December 30, 2011

I have climbed Jacob's Ladder quilt....


Do you love this quilt! I love the contrast of the lights and blacks. Very well done! Rachel from The life of Riley made this gorgeousness! Check out this list of tutorials, I really like the grid mini quilt tutorial. And here are some finishes, go have a visit...



 The front and bindings are all batiks.
 I received 13 blocks and made 20. I would have made more, but I ran out of the green, plus I really like the layout.
 12 mitered corners.  That's a lot of sewing, un-sewing, and re-sewing to get them matched up.  Some went together the first time.  There was one seam I did four times.
 Green straight line quilting in the black areas.

 Black straight line quilting in the block areas.
 The back is a Kona cotton in black.  I just love the texture of the quilting lines.  Someday I will do a whole cloth quilt.
I just couldn't make this one fit in the layout, so he's high lighted on the back.




Photobucket

13 comments:

Lesly said...

I love the layout on this one, plus the colours are very striking!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Love your layout! I have all the blocks for a jacobs ladder sitting there waiting to be sewn together.

Needled Mom said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the layout too.

Patty said...

this is beautiful. the black really sets off the blocks!

Danny Heyen said...

I LOVE this quilt! Great job. And the colors! Wow!

Unknown said...

Ilove this you did an awesome job on it.

ParisMaddy said...

The black really makes it pop, doesn't it? Great looking quilt.

Happy joy filled New Year.

Madeline

Debby said...

Wow, that is a super hip quilt!! Wonderful job.

Sherry said...

I LOVE it! Happy New Year!

mhoodang said...


เล่นง่ายได้เยอะ สล็อต joker slot online ที่นี่คลิก
https://www.slot4u.com/joker123

chanee said...

I will be looking forward to your next post. Thank you
เจ้าของผับดังนครพนมแจง ยอมรับ จัดห้องรับรองให้สารวัตรจริง

boy said...

This is my blog. Click here.
สูตรโกงสล็อต กับจังหวะการปั่นเกม ที่ง่ายที่สุด"

edok69 said...

I will be looking forward to your next post. Thank you
สล็อตออนไลน์ เล่นสล็อตยังไง ให้ได้เงินเร็ว "