Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 2, 2011

Sweet baby girl quilt from Traceyjay Quilts

I've seen Traceyjay Quilts before, and she does beautiful stuff.  But I recently came across her Chubby Stars Quilt Along and became a follower all over again :)  So darling!!!  She's got great projects, check out her Quilts of 2011, some really creative things!  Today she's sharing a quilt with us for her unborn baby.  She doesn't know what she's having, they're waiting until the birth,  but she's prepared just in case!

Dear baby... if you're a girl...

...then this will be your quilt.

Finished if you're a girl quilt

And if you are a girl, I will love watching you work to hold your head up, and look at those stars...

Finished if you're a girl quilt

And I will love seeing you snuggle in all its softness.

Finished if you're a girl quilt

And drag it all around the house (your big brother is getting a head start - you might have to fight him off).


I loved making this for you little one... if it is yours 
(and if you're a boy, I'm keeping it, because I love it). 
Your daddy is sure you're a boy... just as sure as I was about your brother...

We've made it to the final trimester!  And even though it's still not really real to me that there will actually be another kiddo in our house, you are showing proof of yourself. :)  
(Here's what your brother looked like at week 26)


________________________________

Specs for my bloggy friends - 

Pattern: Swoon by Thimble Blossoms (love this pattern)
Fabric: Modern Meadow with City Weekend, Farmdale with Hideaway, Katie Jump Rope with DS quilts, and Meadowsweet 2 with Sunkissed.  
Binding: DS quilts tile

Quilting (my favorite I've done so far) - a cross hatch at one inch intervals.  I didn't plan it, but it makes an almost perfect grid all over the whole quilt -- evenly dividing the blocks and the quadrants... that was a happy, unplanned coincidence.


Photobucket

9 comments:

The AfterCraft said...

Looks beautiful!!! Good luck!!

Sarah said...

Its a beautiful quilt!

Anonymous said...

This is one gorgeous quilt! Great job...looking forward to hearing all about your new little one!

quiltercaroline said...

This quilt is one of my all time favourites. I love the pattern and the colours that you have used. I hope all is going well and you are feeling ok. Best wishes.Caroline

Heidi Grohs said...

As always...love your work Tracey! Heidi <3

Luv 2 Kreate said...

A beautiful quilt for what will be a beautiful little girl (or boy) LOL

Lynne said...

That is, indeed, a beautiful quilt!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Fantastic quilt. Love the big blocks.

Rachel said...

Wow - gorgeous! I love that Swoon pattern too. It's on my "someday" list!

(I hope you have a girl...that quilt should be used and loved.)