Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 23, 2011

Pretty star quilt finish from Melanie...

When we got this submission from Melanie, it just really popped out at me. I thought it would be a fun Friday feature, just to make us happy and prep us all for the weekend!   I have been wanting to make a star quilt forever! I love the colors, and prints, and white backing. Just really pretty! See Melanie's pretty flower tutorials here, and some fun quilt finishes here.


Ainsley's quilt finish

Hey Everyone!  Sorry I haven't posted since Monday, the week got away from me... but I've got something yummy to show you ;).  Ainsley's quilt is done!  So happy with how it turned out and glad to have completed my 7th quilt!

The stats:Ainsley Star QuiltHullabaloo fabric line by Moda and Kona SnowWarm n' White batting White Gutterman 100% cotton thread25 sawtooth star blocks measuring 8 inches39 x 39.

The front

The Back.  A little something special... a reverse star

closeup of the back



my favorite block nice and quilted and wrinkly

Meandering Machine Quilting

My label.  My Pigma Micron pen bled slightly and faded a little, so I'll go over it again.  Any other ideas for labeling quilts?






So there it is!  What do you think?  Feels so good to be done with a quilt and to make something special for my little girl to grow up with and keep forever.  Maybe my granddaughter will have it one day!   Photobucket

14 comments:

Average Quilter said...

I've always liked that pattern and yours looks really nice

Linda Cates said...

What a lovely quilt. I love the way you put the colors together. I, too, would like to know a good way to label quilts. Even the Pigma Microns are not the best. Maybe there is a fabric that works best. If you find a good idea please pass it on! Thanks for sharing the details of your quilt. Great work!

Lee Ann L. said...

I love the invisible (reversed) star on the back of the quilt. I have always been a fan of stars and this is an interesting twist to the block.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful and it looks so soft and cuddly! Great job!

randi--i have to say said...

very pretty!

Pieces to Love said...

Beautiful! The last quilt I made I actually took a piece of solid fabric and some cross stitch floss and hand stitched my own label. Since the quilt was commissioned I think it really added that special touch for the family.

John'aLee said...

What a fun and bright quilt~

Jen T said...

So pretty! Makes me want to make one.

Delores said...

Lovely quilt, lucky little girl. I make my labels on my computer and print them on fabric sheets. I like to add a photo or a piece of clipart. I did an article recently for our guild newsletter on Labels, and one suggestion was to always include your whole name and place the quilt was made - for historical purposes. Years from now, someone may wonder who MOMMA was!!

Love it.

Helen said...

My machine will do an alphabet, small, but it is there. I sometimes put the label on the binding, in a place that will take a lot of letters, perhaps the side. Sometimes I make a label with an additional piece of fabric with the information on it and then sew it onto the back of the quilt - and then sometimes I quilt the information right into the rambling design of the quilt. You have to know where to look, but it is there.

Jules said...

it's beautiful i love it and especially the reverse star on the back. That's only your 7th quilt you say?, wow.

Canadian Abroad said...

I love the fabrics used in this gorgeous quilt!

Susan said...

Lovely quilt - such pretty colours! I often embroider my labels- hand or machine! It gives a nice touch which is everlasting!

pbach1 said...

beautiful! love the colours. very sweet quilt.