Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 27, 2011

Will you play along with me?

First, let me say your responses to my need for help on Friday were amazing!!  Seriously, ya'll are creative folks.  Not only do I now have some plans for my fabric, but I have a new to-do list.  I hummed and hawed and came to a decision on the winners.  Although several responses were the same or similar ideas, I went with whoever said it first (although I realize people probably didn't read the other comments before writing their own).  And I had to pick two...


Blogger Jennifer at Ellison Lane Quilts said...
Super cute fabric. What about little drawstring backpacks for the boys? Outdoor adventure/exploring packs? Great for little hands and big ideas.
And how nice is Jackie??  I wish I was too proud to take her up on her offer...but I'm not :)
Blogger Jackie said...how about one of these, but with strips across... or how is this for a deal, I will make it for you... u send the fabric, I make it and send it back... why? I enjoy following your blog=)
http://jabotquilt.blogspot.com/2011/04/pouches-and-table-runners.html


How you do feel about a Quilt Along??
If your answer is, "eh.." or "no thanks" you can keep that to yourself ;)

I'm so excited to finally get everyone in on this project!  I was contacted by some great bloggers about doing a blog-hop QAL, and Heather and I thought this would be a great way to try out a Quilt Along.

Have you heard of a Row Robin Quilt?  Simply it is a quilt where each row is designed by one person, the quilt is passed around with each person designing their own row, creating a really creative quilt.

The idea behind this QAL is each blogger is creating their own row, and each week a new row will be revealed with a tutorial for 5 weeks.  FUN RIGHT???

Don't worry, having already received each tutorial, my quilt top is done (but it's a secret until the end!!).  So each week you can come here to see how I did my rows, and I'll link you to the tutorial from the other blogger.  The 4 other participating bloggers are Lisa Marie from That Crazy Quilty GirlMelissa from Lilac LaneAnne Marie of Gen X Quilters and Jen at ReannaLily Designs Blog.

Need more details?  
Here's a little sneak peek


 Don't you want to eat those tiny HSTs??  They are so cute!

This is just a little tidbit from one of the rows.  I tell ya, having all the different blocks made this quilt really fun...not creating the same thing over and over.  Loved it.


Start collecting!
Finished quilt size: 48" x 60"
I used ALL SCRAPS!  You're welcome :)
You'll need 3 yards of background fabric (Kona Ash for me)


A couple of months ago I picked these totes up from Target to organize my scraps.  I have them organized by cool and warm fabrics...and I love it.  I know where to go for which colors, makes it that much easier.

For all the blocks I played off of the cool/warm factors.  It has turned out really neat!  All the blocks are layer cake friendly, really the options for your colorway are endless.



Incentive?  For those who play along and finish their quilts we will have some fabulous prizes.  Stay tuned for more info on that!
Make sure to join the Rockin Robin flickr group as well.
Grab the button there on the sidebar too!

First row goes live Tuesday July 5th!


Are you in?


Photobucket

9 comments:

Krista Schneider said...

sounds like fun to me! http://www.kristastitched.blogspot.com/

Quiltstory said...

I totally want to eat those HST's! FUNNY! H

Debbie said...

oh - sounds like great fun!

CJ said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I might be able to do it, I have a lot on my plate this summer but we'll see.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hello! What a great idea - I want to join (just hope i have time)! Those photos are already so inviting! I'm looking forward to quilt along!

Lee Ann L. said...

This sounds wonderful! But, I have to join in later as my summer plate is rather full at the moment.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Sounds like fun. I hope I can find the time.

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

Love that little star- so cute.
And so excited that I won. Thank you! Hope you'll show the little backpacks when they are done. :)

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like fun. I love those fabrics!