Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 10, 2011

Heather Ross quilt from Emmmy Lizzzy...

Emily from EmmmyLizzzy made the most darling Heather Ross quilt! It makes me really want to buy some of this fabric up, and some day I may just mortgage my house to be able to purchase some of these prints! Emily has a super cute blog with tons of crafting, quilting, decorating and cake decorating, make sure to check her out!

Not too much crafting has been going on here lately thanks to packing, a very clingy toddler, and a particularly nasty cold I've been fighting.  Today I was feeling better enough to drag myself out of bed and cut out a pattern for a shirt that I'm working on, but that's about as far as I've gotten.

Completed Heather Ross Quilt

This quilt is titled "Heather Ross, Squared" and is one of the very first quilts that I made, once again using solely fabric from Heather Ross' first fabric line "Lightening Bugs and Other Mysteries".  I think this might be my favorite fabric line of all time, and I really wanted to show off the amazing prints.

Quilted Heather Ross

If I remember correctly, this pattern is called "Four Square", and is made up of 8", 4", and 2" squares, separated by 1" sashing.  I used up a ton of my HR stash by doing some major fussy cutting for the 2" squares, but I completely love how it turned out.  I ended up quilting it in an all over, loop-di-loop pattern - my first time doing free-motion quilting!

Heather Ross Quilt - Completed!


7 comments:

Bellgirl said...

How sublime! I can't resist those dogs ;)

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

So cute! I'm getting ready for a Heather Ross quilt along next month, so this is really inspiring to see! I hope my quilt comes out just as good!

Kristie said...

Great use of this fabric! I have a bunch I am sitting on....may have to give this style a go!

the gathering girls said...

Very cute! I really like the polka dot fabric!

9patchnurse said...

I just love it! I have quite a few charm squares of those fabrics and other yardage too. You make me want to get them out and play. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hello! What adorable and beautiful dog fabrics and all the other fabrics are also so wonderful! I love this pattern, too - very clever and simple! I defenetely try this!
Thank you for a lovely blog!
Teje

Anonymous said...

I love it...it turned out so lovely!