Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Gnomes and Fabric Tuesday

Welcome to Fabric Tuesday, edition 19!!


This week, I'm going to share the gifts that I made Heather for Christmas.  For a few years now, my sisters Amy, Heather and I have given each other homemade gifts.  It is really fun and quite nerve racking to be honest.  I always feel like I give them the lamest gifts!!  This year they got together and made me stocking for my family, and they were in the style of the stocking we had growing up.  I love them so much!!  Here Heather posted the ones she made for her family too.  I am not quite sure what they did for each other...hmmm....and my gift for Amy I will post this week or possibly next.

Okay, enough rambling background.  Heather has somewhat recently discovered her love for all things gnome.  I decided to use this to my advantage, so I present her gnome family!


Here is a picture of Heather's and my kids all together.  She's got four darling girls and Big Baby boy Wes on the end.


And to go with her gnome family, a woodland clock!


And it works, it really works!!!!!


I got the pattern from the book Sew Liberated.  There are a few more in there I'd really like to try it.  And this actually came together quite quickly, it was installing the clock that took the most time and ultimately a husband.


I think it was a successful handmade Christmas.  However, only time will tell.  Bless Heather's heart.  For years to come she'll have to find a special place in her garage to keep this with instant access for my unexpected visits.

I hope you've all had a very crafty holiday and start to the new year.  I've got my mom here so I'm doing things that are unprecedented.  Not just fore me, but every stay at home mom.  Ever.  For example, today I washed, folded and put away four loads of laundry.  I also fed my children and myself three square meals (or we were fed by my mom, but who's checking...), including a delicious salad.  Not only that but I finished quilting a little belated gift, finished binding a quilt, went rollerblading, did Jillian's painful work-out, grocery shpping and got a nap in!!  Did I say unprecedented or what?

Mommy never ever ever leave.  Please?

FABRIC TUESDAY
Edition 19
Link up a recent craft project that uses fabric...if you're new don't be shy!  This is for everyone.  Click the button to add your link at the bottom and link up a recent blog post where you used fabric to create or enhance something. Below are a few "rules" to play.

Mention us in your post with either a link or make it easy and add the button to your blog sidebar and you won't have to remember each week. ***You can take either our blog or our Fabric Tuesday buttons on the sidebar.***

You don't have to do this to link up, promise. However if you want to follow us, we follow back :) But please comment telling us you did so and we will hop right on over and make sure we're following too!

And how about we each take time to comment on the link just before yours, that's easy enough right? We'd love for this to be a linky party where everyone gets comments, so if you take the time to look, take a second to leave a comment!


Let's see those fabric creations!


Photobucket



22 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

A most wonderfully amazing clock...love all those little leaves tumbling around.

Anonymous said...

I love that clock!!! Really unique and marvellous!!! Thank you for idea and inspiration!
I'll be back later to add my link!
Best wishes Teje

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

I love those little Gnomes! so cute! And I love when my mom visits too. We never grow up do we? We always need our mommies! ;)

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Those gnomes are adorable!

This is my first Fabric Tuesday so I can't wait to see everyone's work!

Leslie said...

i was loving those gnomes and then i saw the clock and was blown out of the water. that is amazing. you are so talented....it is such an amazing gift to give

Shelley said...

Love the gnomes and that clock is fantastic! I think I still have a box of clock parts from 20 years ago that I could use to make one. Awesome idea!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Those gnomes are so darn cute! And that clock? Wow. Just wow :)

Unknown said...

Aww, I love the gnomes! And the clock is adorable too. There's no way she'll hide these in the garage!

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Love your gnomes - they are so cute! And I have that clock on my to-do list too! Love how yours turned out. :)
Thanks for hosting!

maleahbliss said...

I LOVE your gnomes!!! I'd love for you to come link up to my linky party!

LittleEme.blogspot.com

SewSara said...

i saw them in person and they were even CUTER! now that clock ... wow, that's adorable!! i love the frame you put it in too.

love you, friend!

p.s. i still think i need a girl gnome in my header .... heather? remember? ;)

SewSara said...

i can't post my link .... why the face?!

Neoma said...

The Woodland Clock are admirable! That would be perfect at my summerhouse!

Christie describeHappy said...

Aww, the clock and gnomes are so cute! I'm sure those made adorable gifts!

Megan said...

The gnomes and clock made me smile. Lucky you to have your mom visit:)

Terra said...

Wow, four loads of laundry and they're folded and put away? That is amazing. I love the clock.

Taylor Bara said...

Do you want to make a research? This post https://homeworkhelper.net/blog/research-essay-introduction will help you to start!

yanmaneee said...

air jordan
supreme hoodie
cheap jordans
yeezy 380
curry shoes
curry shoes
jordan 6
yeezy
yeezy supply
goyard

Arnold losis said...

Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man, Keep it up.
fixed medical allowance increased from 500 to 1000
books and periodicals reimbursement
gst on company car lease india
80ccd 1b clarification by income tax department pdf
80ccd 1b clarification by income tax department

devin12 said...

Great article. Couldn’t be write much better! Keep it up!
Best Budget Laptops
IPL 2022 schedule
Most Expensive Player in IPL
Most Popular IPL Team
Amazon Great Indian Sale

devin12 said...

Great information. I will check out the rest of your blog.
Best Budget Laptops
IPL 2022 schedule
Most Expensive Player in IPL
Most Popular IPL Team
Amazon Great Indian Sale

simplelife said...

Thankyou nice post like it.
books and periodicals reimbursement