Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fabric Tuesday is BACK!

We're Back!
Heather and I had a great holiday.  Seriously fabulous.  A day after Christmas my family and I drove 12 hours to my parent's home in Utah...and immediately Heather and her family drove up.  We planned many a quilt, gushed over a lot of fabric, took our mother to a very questionable movie (she'll never look at us the same again), had a dance off (Heather won), ate at Cheesecake Factory mmmmm, went out with our husbands (who are also BFF), got calendars to start the year off right and we are already very improved :), gave Heather her gift (more on that later this week), planned Quilt Market, bound one quilt at the same time and snuggled with her dog Scamper.  
A holiday extravaganza.

Today I'm gonna share a couple of things I made for my oh so cute sister-in-law.  She is a 3rd grade teacher where she is extremely well loved and she is amazing at what she does.  I thought and thought of what to make her, but when I thought simply "she's a teacher" I realized one common thing.  All teacher's love their kids and their classrooms.  Easy peasy.

fabric is Robert Kaufman
dots Groovy by Caleb Gray
owls Urban Zoologie by Ann Kelle

"Here we find the owl in it's natural habitat..."  Nerd.

I'm working on a couple of friends for this little owl and it will be an upcoming pattern!

I also couldn't resist making her a banner
Doesn't it work perfectly in my kitchen??  I am going to make one for keeps to stay there, I just can't decide what it should say, any ideas?
PS See this post to learn more about my chickens!

I made the banner using photoshop but it could be made by hand, with a cricut, etc.  The circles are probably 5 inches, I hole punched the sides and ran a ribbon through all of them.  Then I went through and in-between I tied ribbons, fabric scraps and tulle.


It's time for FABRIC TUESDAY
Edition 18
Link up a recent craft project that uses fabric...if you're new don't be shy!  This is for everyone.  Click the button to add your link at the bottom and link up a recent blog post where you used fabric to create or enhance something. Below are a few "rules" to play.

Mention us in your post with either a link or make it easy and add the button to your blog sidebar and you won't have to remember each week. ***You can take either our blog or our Fabric Tuesday buttons on the sidebar.***

You don't have to do this to link up, promise. However if you want to follow us, we follow back :) But please comment telling us you did so and we will hop right on over and make sure we're following too!

And how about we each take time to comment on the link just before yours, that's easy enough right? We'd love for this to be a linky party where everyone gets comments, so if you take the time to look, take a second to leave a comment!


Fabric Tuesday 2011 style!


Photobucket

15 comments:

Camilla said...

Love your blog! Just found it and so glad I did!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Oh my, those owls are adorable!! I especially love the natural habitat shot :)

Mary said...

I gotta say I talked with my BFF last night and she shared a similar story about taking her mom to the movies over the holidays. Lemme guess- Black Swan???

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

I love that owl - so cute. I'm still on the owl bandwagon that's for sure.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I added to the Fabric Tuesday linky today! Oh, and by the way, I am a regular follower and have your Fabric Tuesday button on my sidebar.

Anonymous said...

That owl is adorable! Soooo cute!

Kristie said...

Sounds like a perfect holiday! Glad you enjoyed some time together. Love the owl, and the banner is fantastic!

Colleen said...

I laughed when I saw the owl in his natural habitat. I must be a nerd too! He is super cute, I can't wait for that pattern to come out and play.

Katie said...

How about something like "eat laugh love" for your kitchen banner? Very cute idea. And the owl is adorable. I like him in his natural habitat, but that's just the nerd in me.

Shelley said...

Cutest owl ever! And I'm loving those little chickens in your kitchen.

Tiffany said...

I follow your blog!

Linking up with my blog and my sisters both. Got your button on our sidebar for all to see! :D

Unknown said...

Very cute owl! some lovely links to go and find! Kx

Paula said...

The banner is totally cute - perfect for a classroom.

the gathering girls said...

The owl is very cute! The banner is a great idea and I love the pictures that are beneath it.

Ashkaitlin said...

Hey love your blog!! I am now a follower and would love for you to come follow me:)
www.ashleykaitlin.blogspot.com